Position : Manager- Life Sciences Advisory (Food Processing)
Experience: 8-10 years
Qualification : Master’s Degree in Food Science/ Food Technology from reputed institute.
Location : Hyderabad
A. Project Execution:
- Assisting the Team Lead/ Director in execution of projects for clients in various segments of food industry. The project activities may include technology landscaping, feasibility assessment, market analysis, development of business plans, new product development, process flow, manufacturing facility layout planning, capacity design etc.
- Research and formulate inputs for business plan/ strategy development – Inputs like product revenues, capex, channel sizes and market opportunities etc.
- Regulatory and other compliances support, developing tools and templates to promote consistency and efficiency in operations.
- Preparation of Project Reports/Presentations.
B. Research/Knowledge management:
- Carrying out research (primary & secondary) and preparing sectoral assessment reports in various segments of food industry.
- Developing project closure documents, case studies, success stories etc.
C. Outreach/Business Development:
- Supporting in lead management and client meetings.
- Preparing collaterals for outreach activities.
- Writing technical articles for publications in industry magazines & other media.
A. Education: Master’s Degree in Food Science/ Food Technology from reputed institute.
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience in food industry in the areas of product development and management, strategy and business planning, commercialization, or technical sales of food ingredients. Candidates with equivalent experience in consulting practice in food processing sector may also be considered.
- In-depth understanding of trends in food industry, technology evolution, and regulations.
- Knowledge of Food Legislations and Food Safety, Regulatory approvals for new products
- Should have a general understanding of agriculture, food value chain, and supply chain management.
- Should be able to understand a problem/ insight from varying perspectives, be able to narrow down or widen the scope of assessment as per the need.
- Should have demonstrated skills in scientific/business writing.
- Should be able to understand the business implications of various factors – Technology/ Policy/Regulations/Consumer insights etc. in food processing scenario.
C. Skill Sets Required:
- Self-starter with strong analytical/problem solving capabilities
- Ability to see the large picture and connect dots between Strategy, Business and Science & Technology
- Ability to interact and communicate with wide range of stakeholders
- Ability to work in fast-paced team environment, meeting rigid deadlines and ensuring project quality.
- Learn industry trends and insights on a continuous basis
- Ability to gather, analyze and evaluate facts and to prepare concise reports
- Ability to work in multiple teams and handle multiple assignments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Command over MS office (Excel, Power point)
Candidates holding diverse experience across functions of R&D, product development and techno-commercial functions are encouraged to apply. Candidates with lesser years of experience will not be considered.
Travelling: Position may require travel up to 20%