Position : President / Vice-President- Corporate Finance & Investment Banking
Experience: 10+ years of relevant experience
Qualification : CA or MBA (Finance)
Location : Mumbai/Bangalore
About Sathguru and the position:
Sathguru Management Consultants is a leader in innovation advisory, business advisory, asset management, corporate finance and investment banking sphere with thirty five years of engagement. Sathguru has nurtured market leading advisory practice across the life sciences spectrum – agri-business, food processing, pharmaceutical, medical devices and healthcare delivery as well as industrial biotechnology.
Sathguru’s emphasis for innovative financial solutions in the knowledge rich sectors, driven by deep industry knowledge and market insights provides it unique position in investment banking and corporate finance services. Sathguru intends to nurture renewed engagement in corporate finance and investment banking with active focus in funding syndication, mergers & acquisitions, corporate restructuring and asset monetization.
Sathguru seeks a team lead to drive the Corporate Finance and investment banking activities practice and lead the firm to an industry leading position across life science industries by leveraging our unique positioning and strengths.
1. Practice building:
- Practice level strategic planning and P&L responsibility: the SM will be responsible for assessing opportunity in the industry and, in consultation with the management, preparing mid-term and annual strategic plan for the life sciences corporate finance advisory practice. The SM will be responsible for implementing the plan and will have practice level P&L responsibility.
- PR and communication to foster industry leading reputation: The SM will be responsible for building awareness about the firm’s expertise and creating industry leading reputation for the life science corporate finance advisory practice.
- Industry network building, business development and engagement sourcing: the SM will be responsible for building and building network with key stakeholders including venture capitalists and other investors, bankers, CFOs and other senior managers in companies. The SM will be responsible for sourcing corporate finance engagements to meet targeted business development goals.
2. Engagement management, project execution and delivery:
- Responsible for leading end-to-end execution of sell side and buy side M&A transactions which includes origination, financial modelling, preparation of Information Memorandum, discussion with investors, valuation, negotiations, legal documentation and closing for all transactions.
- Original, leading and managing fund raising for early stage venture financing, growth capital and debt funding. Should lead all activities including evaluation of projects/investment opportunities, managing relationship with companies, financial analysis, industry analysis, drafting of investment memoranda, deal structuring, documentation, monitoring investments, exits.
- Lead and execute engagements for valuation of tangible and intangible assets including intellectual property, financial due-diligence, transaction structuring and any other corporate finance engagements.
- Support corporate advisory team with financial modelling and financial analysis for advisory engagements.
Deep experience driving corporate finance deals and prior network: The position demands engagement in diverse service segments such as resource syndication, M&A advisory, asset valuations, corporate restructuring and asset monetization. Knowledge of sector trends and corporate practices in knowledge rich segments such as life sciences, information sciences and applied physical sciences with prior engagement of corporate financial advisory will be an advantage. Deep engagement in the mid-market segment, Private equity placements and strong connect to the CFO community is essential. In the M&A sphere, experience as a transaction lead in buy and sell side with full stack service providers in the past will be preferred. High level of familiarity with digital tools for financial modelling will be necessary.
Independent drive to secure business, accomplish business targets and work with inter-disciplinary team collaboratively to provide superior financial advisory services to clients are essential characteristics.
The incumbent will possess well rounded academic background with MBA from a top tier business school or CA (Chartered Accountancy).
Ability to work with team members across functional backgrounds and leverage Sathguru’s techno-commercial expertise to identify opportunities and execute engagements
Prior experience of at least ten years is warranted.
Also logon to https://www.sathguru.com/life-at-sathguru/ to understand culture of the organization.