Position : Senior Consultant – Healthcare Advisory
Experience: 3-5 years
Location : Hyderabad
The current position is in the life sciences practice of Sathguru (Sathguru, www.sathguru.com) and will be based out of Hyderabad, India. Founded in 1985, Sathguru is a boutique strategy and innovation advisory firm with focus on technology driven sectors and expertise in corporate strategy, corporate finance/M&A and innovation advisory.
The candidate will work with new ventures and established companies in the healthcare (biopharmaceutical, devices, diagnositcs, and healthcare care providers) space to advise them on business planning, strategy and corporate finance elements. The candidate will work closely with Sathguru’s innovation advisory team that advises companies on technology access, advancement and commercialization.
Primary responsibilities of the role include:
- Opportunity assessment, business strategy and planning–You will be involved in market research (primary and secondary research), assessing new business opportunities, developing business plans, product strategies and operating models for new ventures and new initiatives/segments of existing companies.
- Portfolio optimization, technology/product commercialization and strategic partnerships– you will work closely with the innovation advisory team to evaluate commercial potential of technologies, assess commercialization/strategic partnership opportunities and scout for execute strategic partnerships for technology commercialization
- Innovation funding, enterprise funding and M&A– you will work closely with the corporate finance and innovation advisory team to raise innovation and corporate funding (non-dilutive grants, VC, strategic investors etc.) and you will be involved in buy side and sell side M&A work in the healthcare sector
Qualifications and qualities sought:
- Scientific foundation in applied life sciences/biology/biochemistry and MBA (techno-commercial qualification)
- 3 to 5 years experience in healthcare advisory practice of consulting firms
- Strong capability to write, communicate, facilitate and present cogently to all levels of industry audiences, clients and internal staff and management
- Strong analytical skills and perspective to deliver value adding insights to clients and develop reputation for thought leadership
- Self-starter and motivation to be part of an agile and aggressive team focused on building a differentiated practice in the lifesciences sector
About Sathguru (A Greatplace to work firm since 2017)
Started in 1985, Sathguru is one of the market leading advisory firms in life sciences at the intersection of:
- Corporate strategy
- Corporate finance and M&A
- Innovation advisory – Technology landscaping, evaluation and access, technology advancement and commercialization
- International Development
- Executive education
- Vertical focused information technology solutions
As the only business advisory firm in India that also has an innovation advisory practice, the life science advisory group at Sathguru is differentiated by its unique capability to leverage the understanding of underlying technology drivers and innovation opportunities to deliver holistic perspective to clients in this innovation led industry. Our industry focused advisory teams are recognized for sector depth combined with pragmatic yet forward perspective. Over the last three decades, we have nurtured the positioning of a being a trust advisor across stakeholders – large multinational and Indian companies, young ventures and research institutions, investors and policy makers.