Position : Consultant / Senior Consultant – Pharma & Healthcare Advisory
Experience: 3 – 5 yrs
Qualification : Bachelors/Masters in Pharma/Healthcare/Bio-Medical
Location : Hyderabad
The current position is in the life sciences practice of Sathguru and will be based in Hyderabad, India. Founded in 1985, Sathguru is a boutique strategy and innovation advisory firm with focus on technology driven sectors and expertise in corporate strategy, corporate finance/M&A and innovation advisory.
The candidate will work with new ventures and established companies in the healthcare (biopharmaceutical, devices, diagnositcs, and healthcare care providers) space to advise them on business planning, strategy and corporate finance elements. The candidate will work closely with Sathguru’s innovation advisory team that advises companies on technology access, advancement and commercialization.
Primary responsibilities of the role include:
- Opportunity assessment, business strategy and planning–You will be involved in assessing new business opportunities, developing business plans, product strategies and operating models for new ventures and new initiatives/segments of existing companies.
- Portfolio optimization, technology/product commercialization and strategic partnerships – you will work closely with the innovation advisory team to evaluate commercial potential of technologies, assess commercialization/strategic partnership opportunities and scout for execute strategic partnerships for technology commercialization.
- Innovation funding, enterprise funding and M&A – you will work closely with the corporate finance and innovation advisory team to raise innovation and corporate funding (non-dilutive grants, VC, strategic investors etc.) and you will be involved in buy side and sell side M&A work in the healthcare sector
Qualifications and qualities sought:
- Scientific foundation in applied life sciences/biology/biochemistry and MBA (techno-commercial qualification)
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in healthcare advisory practice of consulting firms
- Strong capability to write, communicate, facilitate and present cogently to all levels of industry audiences, clients and internal staff and management
- Strong analytical skills and perspective to deliver value adding insights to clients and develop reputation for thought leadership
- Self-starter and motivation to be part of an agile and aggressive team focused on building a differentiated practice in the life sciences sector